Smart Energy Saving Tips
- Turn your thermostat down - Turning your thermostat down by just 1 degree can save upto £70 per year!
- Turn off lights - Turning off lights when not using them or when you leave the room can save £14 per year!
- Switch off standby - You can save around £30 a year just by turning your appliances off standby mode!
- Install low energy LED bulbs - Replacing all your remaining old bulbs can save approx. £35 a year on your bills.
- Spending 1 minute less each day in the shower will save a total of £80 per year for a family of four!
- Get a head - A water efficient shower head can save a family of four approx. £80 per year on energy bills and a further £120 on water bills (if you have a meter)
- Careful with your washing - Washing clothes at 30 degrees, only washing when you have a full load and reducing washing machine use by one run a week can save £20 per year!
That's a saving of around £449 per year for an average home!
Latest energy news and events
Fixed price energy plans are usually a great way to grab a good deal, but now maybe not the best time to fix
Save around £449 per year..
Solar Panels - Are they a good investment?
Renewable Electricity and the Smart Export Guarantee explained
Ovo Energy has acquired SSE which includes energy, phone, broadband and home services